The goal of MODELISAR is to create an innovative, open and complete solution for:
- Modeling of vehicle-related systems
- Generation of embedded software
- Integrated simulation of vehicle systems and control software
The definition of a simulation platform that takes into account the dynamic behavior of embedded systems and software (functional mock-up, FMU) and is open to any simulation tools will create a new generation of methods, standards and tools that allow for collaborative design, simulation and testing of such systems across different disciplines. This offers a number of advantages to the automotive industry:
- Errors in systems and software are detected early, thereby minimizing costs.
- Collaborative innovations can be achieved by system and software teams.
- Tests are conducted on the model first, even before the prototype, which saves tremendous expense.
To achieve the MODELISAR goals, it is necessary
- to enable the simultaneous design of systems and software (through the combination of the modeling language "Modelica" and the standard for software development in the automotive industry AUTOSAR),
- to develop innovative interfaces for exchanging models and linking simulators and
- to create an integrated process for embedded systems and software over the product life cycle.